Friday, December 19, 2008

The Top 10 Things I am Grateful for in 2008.

I probably should have done this three weeks ago, but I wanted to get as close to the end of the year as I could. Anyway, here goes:

10. Nearly 123 million Americans voted in the 2008 presidential election. Hip-hip-hooray.

9. The Cleveland Indians comeback. Okay, maybe it's just me, but the second half of the Tribe's season was one very special half of a season (typical Cleveland sports fan).

8. Season 4 of LOST was the best season to date. Get lost. No, really. Get Lost.

7. The Summer Olympics in Beijing, China. Awesome.

6. The volatile price for a gallon of gas got America excited about new alternatives. It's about time.

5. Hurricane Gustav did not become a category 4 beast. We needed a break and we got it.

4. Charlie Rose. When everyone else in the media was sensationalizing and politicizing, Charlie just towed the line. I love Charlie.

3. Gears of War 2 was voted the second best video game of 2008. My son helped make that happen.

2. Apple iPhone 3G launch. Welcome to the brave new world.

1. Good health and good friends. That combination just never gets old... and I had plenty of both in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment